Dear Ladies and Gentlemen!
We invite you to take part in the 1st Kharkiv International Legal Forum “Law and Problems of Sustainable Development in Globalized World”, which will take place in 3-6/ October, 2017 in Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University.
The main idea of the Forum is vital not only for the legal community, but also for a wide range of scientists and public figures, because it is dedicated to the most important social issues of the present time. In the coming decades the world will continue to grow and evolve, suffer hard times and crises, it will perform breakthroughs and achieve success in technology development and poverty reduction. Goals and objectives of humanity in the 21st century reflect the main conceptual idea of sustainable development. Ukraine cannot simply catch up with developed countries on this way; it must develop and improve own economic, social and legal institutions.
The main topics of this year’s forum are focused on one of the main goals of sustainable development: promoting the construction of a peaceful and open society, access to justice for everybody and creation of institutions on all levels, which will be fair, accountable and based on broad participation.
The Forum will include panel discussions, round tables, workshops and other events, focused on selected topics. Experienced politicians, government officials and academics from Ukraine and foreign states, officials of international organizations, EU institutions, well-known human rights activists and representatives of legal business are invited to participate in the Forum as key speakers
Head of the Organizing Committee
Rector of Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University
Vodiannikov Oleksander is a national legal adviser to the OSCE Project Coordinator in Ukraine, Ph.D. in international law. Master of International Law (Institute of International Relations of the Kyiv National University named after T. Shevchenko) and Master of Comparative Constitutional Law (Central European University (Budapest, Hungary).
Dieter Fleck is Honorary President of the International Society for Military Law and the Law of War; Member of the Advisory Board of the Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL); and Rapporteur of the Committee on Nuclear Weapons, Non-Proliferation and Contemporary International Law of the International Law Association. Dr. Fleck has served as legal advisor […]
Marco Sassòli, a citizen of Switzerland and Italy, is professor of international law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Geneva. From 2001-2003, he has been professor of international law at the Université du Québec à Montreal, Canada, where he remains associate professor. He is commissioner (and alternate member of the Executive Committee) […]
Mr. Jörg Pudelka served as a judge at the Administrative Court of Berlin, then as a judge at the Social Court of Berlin. He worked as expert on constitutional law matters in an EU-funded project in the Russian Federation, then as project manager in Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan in the GIZ Program “Support for Legal and […]
Dr. Hasrat Arjjumend, PhD – Senior Fellow, Centre for International Sustainable Development Law McGill University Faculty of Law (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), Assistant Professor (Natural Resources & Environmental Management) Department of Environment & Climate Change, CUDE Ethiopian Civil Service University (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia). Dr. Arjjumend possesses over 24 years of experiences of academics, field practice and […]
Nicolas Fleury – Deputy Head of the ICRC’s Delegation in Ukraine. He has worked in the international and governmental sectors for over 20 years. He has worked with the ICRC since 2001 in several contexts including Uzbekistan, Nagorny Karabagh, Russian Federation and Somalia. He holds a Master in international relations from the Graduate Institute of International Studies […]
Giovanni Kessler – the Director-General of the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF). From 1998 to 1999, he was Deputy Head of the OSCE Kosovo Verification Mission in Pristina, in charge of Police and Justice matters. As judicial expert, he also participated to several evaluation missions of the European Commission and Council of Europe in Eastern Europe. […]
- Roundtable: Business human rights responsibilities: the experience of the countries of V4 and Baltic states for Ukraine // Moderator: Jane Klementieva, Programme Manager of Danish Institute for Human Rights – October, 4
- Open Lecture: «Globalization and Law: Challenges of modernity» // Bjarne.Melkevik, Distinguished Professor, University of Laval (Quebec, Canada) – October, 4
- Roundtable: «Human Rights of Internally displaced persons» // Moderator: Ganna Khrystova, PhD, Senior Project Officer of the Council of Europe Project “Strengthening the Human Rights Protection of Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine”- October, 5
- Round table: “Improving women`s access to justice ” // Moderator: Antonina Vykhrest, Head of the joint project of the Council of Europe and the EU “Improving access to justice for women in six countries of the Eastern Partnership” – October, 5
- The round-table “Two years of the Political Finance Reform: results, challenges and perspectives”
- Workshop of the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) “Legal Frame of the Security Sector Reform” // October 5th
- Brain-ring on political funding for students // International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) – October, 4
- Open lecture: “How Can the Respect of International Humanitarian Law be Improved” // Marco Sassòli, professor of international law at the University of Geneva Switzerland and associate professor at the Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada – October, 4
- Open lecture: “The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons: Challenges for International Law and Security” // Dieter Fleck, Former Director International Agreements & Policy, Federal Ministry of Defence, Germany; Member of the Advisory Board of the Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL); Rapporteur of the ILA Committee on Nuclear Weapons, Non-Proliferation and Contemporary International Law; Honorary President, International Society for Military Law and the Law of War – October, 4
- Open Lecture: “The Role of UN Organs in Implementing State Responsibility in Global Security Contexts” // Vincent-Joël PROULX, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Law of the National University of Singapore – October, 4